Rules of conduct in the theater: culture and etiquette
Theatrical scenes amaze with their entertainment, beauty. Live acting game causes a storm of emotions, plunging into the atmosphere of a masterfully created performance. One of the most common ways to get involved in culture is to visit theaters, where there is a etiquette of behavior.
How to behave?
In terms of significance, theatrical performance is comparable to a solemn or official reception, therefore, it requires compliance with certain standards of ethics of communication and behavior. At all times, there were behavioral norms. Now the requirements for them are slightly simplified. However, this does not mean that they can be ignored.
When visiting a theater, it is recommended to behave with restraint. Do not talk loudly, create crowding, publicly tidy yourself up. There are ladies' rooms for this. For any questions, you can contact the theater staff. This should be done with special courtesy, respect.
In order not to be a "black sheep" and to get the maximum pleasure from the watched performance, it is necessary to observe the unspoken canons accepted by the society. They will help maintain the atmosphere of the holiday and a kind of mystery of action.
Theatrical ethics pays attention to appearance, the rules of being in the theater building, in the auditorium, at the end of the performance. A special role is given to the norms of behavior of children for which their parents are responsible.
The first impression is created in appearance. What matters is style, color scheme, the manner of wearing clothes, and hairstyle.
- Appearance should be neat. It is not necessary to wear chic dresses or tuxedos. A modest neat image is quite appropriate. Jewelry allowed.
- Men should come in a classic suit with a shirt of discreet tones. It is not recommended to use sportswear.
- Attention should be paid to shoes, not only their models, but also to cleanliness. Sneakers, of course, are more convenient, but for a theater event it is better to choose a classic style.
- Hair should be neatly styled. They may fall off the shoulders or be bundled. When using hairpins, it is better to give preference to elegant discreet colors and design.
- Men should also be neatly combed and shaved. One of the fashion trends is wearing a beard. In this case, she should look well-groomed.
- You can use a perfume.
However, it is important not to go too far with perfume or eau de toilette. Otherwise, it may create a feeling of discomfort for people sitting nearby. In addition, the presence of a possible allergy to odors should be considered.
Among the main canons, the following are distinguished.
- You can't be late for the theater. You need to come 15-20 minutes before the last bell rings. Otherwise, they may not be allowed to perform. If you are late, you cannot wade through the aisles between the seats. It is recommended that you sit quietly in the nearest empty seat. You can take your seats during the break.
- Seats should be until the third bell rings. You can’t take other people's seats you like. If the place indicated on the ticket is taken, you should politely ask the seated people to release it.
- You need to go to your places carefullytrying not to hurt other viewers. The face should be facing towards the seated person. If the passage is very narrow, sitting spectators need to stand up and allow others to pass.
- Having taken his seat, it is not recommended to occupy both armrestsmoving close, blocking the scene. All this can create a feeling of nervousness, discomfort in others.
Failure to comply with etiquette may provoke a response in the form of indignation. So that comments do not spoil the rest of the evening, you need to be attentive to others.
At a performance or performance
To the basic rules of conduct, whether on a regular performance, opera or musical, include the following.
- Complete silence should be observed. You can not shout something from a place, discuss the actors, rustle with bags, sneeze, cough loudly. Mobile phones need to turn off or turn off the sound. This distracts not only others, but also the actors themselves.
- It is not allowed to sleep during the performance.
- It is not recommended to eat. There should be during a break in special places, for example, in a cafe or bar.
- It is indecent to leave the hall during a theatrical action, even if it is boring.
- If binoculars are given to view the play, it is not recommended to view other viewers through it.
- Do not vigorously express your emotions. Applause is important at the appropriate time. Better if they are restrained.
- Giving flowers should be at the end of the action. You don’t have to go straight to the stage. Bouquets are passed in the aisle between the stage and the first row or through theater staff.
- At the end of the performance, the actors go out to the audience several times, bowing. Therefore, immediately after the completion of the action, one does not need to run faster to pick up clothes.
Etiquette for Opposite Sexes
The theater is the place where you are welcome observance of etiquette between a man and a woman.
- At the entrance to the building, a man must be ahead of a woman. He opens the door to his companion.
- In the wardrobe, a man helps to undress a woman, only then takes off his coat or jacket. The numbers also remain in the satellite pocket. He passes them to the cloakroom at the end of the theatrical performance. Leaving the theater, on the contrary, a man first dresses, and then he helps his girlfriend get dressed.
- At the entrance to the hall where the performance will take place, tickets are given to the controller by a man. They should be kept with him.
- To the places indicated on the tickets, the man passes first, showing the way to his companion.
- Having found the necessary seats, the man must wait for the woman to settle down, and then sit down on his own.
- If during the break the woman remains in the hall, then the man is recommended to stay next to her. If he still needs to go out, then he can do it by first apologizing.
Compliance with ethical standards allows you to make a positive impression on your companion, cause sympathy, trust.
Memo for children
Children are the most demanding audience. They subtly feel the atmosphere of insincerity. Each age is characterized by its own perception of the world, behavioral characteristics. But, despite this, children from an early age need to instill etiquette rules that will help them become successful in life.
Before the first visit to the theater, it is important for the child to briefly, in general terms, explain what kind of place it is, why people come there, what are the rules of behavior.
- During the theatrical action, you must sit exactly on your seat, trying not to hurt the neighbors.
- It is forbidden to run, jump. And during the performance it’s not even allowed to walk.
- It is necessary to observe complete silence. You can not scream, laugh out loud, talk.
- You can’t eat, scattering crumbs, garbage.
- It’s indecent to go out during a theatrical performance.
- You can’t play games on the phone, even if what is happening on stage seems uninteresting.
Having decided to attend a theater event with a child, it is necessary to determine in advance the duration of the theatrical performance, and correctly assess the baby’s ability to sit to the end.
See how to behave in the theater in the next video.