How to wash white socks?
White socks are suitable for any clothes and look elegant. They are nice to wear, but only as long as they are pure white. The main problem is maintaining their pristine appearance for as long as possible. But to achieve this, conventional measures are not enough.
How to wash?
At first glance, there are not so many washing options for white socks at home. To do this, there are proven tools such as washing powder. So that over time, white socks do not become worn, do not turn yellow and do not turn gray, various products from a set of household chemicals, as well as those that the housewives have used for centuries, help to wash the dirt.
There are several ways to preserve color. In order to get the result you were counting on at the end of washing, white socks must first be soaked. So that they are snow-white, you can apply folk, proven ways to solve this problem:
- Use means for dishwashers. It includes substances that soften water and corrode pollution. After adding a little such substance to the soaking container, leave the socks in the solution for two hours.
- You can put the product in water with dissolved in it soda. Four tablespoons of the powder is taken in two liters of water. Dip things in such a liquid for several hours, and then grasp their washing.
- Effective soaking laundry soap. Textile products should be immersed in water, which needs quite a bit for this, rub them with soap and leave in a basin for the night.
Representatives of the male half adapted to do a similar trick right in the car. Following their recipe, you need to take a large plastic container with a lid. Pour in a warm soapy solution and lower the socks next. A container with a tightly wrapped lid is thrown into the trunk and goes about their business. It is important not to forget to get them out of the car and send them to the laundry.
- You can soak socks using boric acid. For a liter of water you need to take a tablespoon of this substance. Two to three hours of aging products in such a mixture will be enough. If the dirt is too thick, extend the duration of the action to five hours, and then wash. And keep in mind that when handling this acid you need to work in rubber gloves.
- When there is a house lemon or citric acid, you can soak socks using this tool. Make a weak solution of citric acid with water or squeeze directly the juice from the lemon into a container for soaking. A medium-sized fruit is enough for business. To surely succeed, you can rub your socks with half a lemon or soak in a strong acid solution.
- You can use table vinegar. It is effective in dissolving dirty traces and traces of sweat. You need to take half a glass of vinegar to three liters of water and leave the socks in this liquid for several hours.
- To prevent white socks from turning into yellowish from systematic washes, it is better to soak them regularly in solution ammonia and hydrogen peroxide.
- A good way to bring back your socks is to use turpentinebut. When soaking products in water, in addition to washing powder, you need to add two tablespoons of this product. Leave the socks in this form for a day, and then wash as usual.
- Effectively prevents gray socks potassium permanganate. It will also help to return the former color to textile products. In two liters of hot water, grains of manganese must be diluted to form a pink liquid. To complement the effect, close the basin with soaked socks with a lid. If there is no lid, take a regular bag. After a few hours, rinse and wash the socks properly.
- To soak white cotton products, you can use household chemicals for washing with chlorine, although resorting to this method is too often not recommended, because the fabric of the socks will quickly become worthless. Use a mild solution when soaking, and before washing chlorine-based product drip onto the spot. When it brightens, you can proceed directly to the wash.
- To soak socks with scuffs and stains from grass and stubborn dirt, mix detergent with a whitening effect and gel for washing dishes in a ratio of 1: 1. Then you need to add a little water and actively stir until foam forms. Apply the resulting solution to contaminated areas and leave the socks for about an hour.
After that, you can wash the products manually. This method of soaking is suitable for cotton and synthetic socks, but it should not be practiced often, otherwise the fabric will quickly deteriorate.
If soaking does not help, socks can be boiled. Pour water into a large basin, add a detergent and put things to “boil”. If you “season this soup” with the juice of one lemon and a small amount of laundry soap, in half an hour the socks will become snow-white.
Also, when boiling in a container with socks, you can add baking soda, ammonia and "White". Do not forget to stir the laundry while it is boiling so that the bleaching is uniform.
How to wash off quickly?
Carrying out the procedure of soaking or boiling, dirty white socks after that will be easy to wash even by hand, even in a washing machine. Especially in one and the other case, you can also apply some tricks.
To wipe socks off dirt by hand, use a correctly selected powder. You can effectively clean a thing if you add a little stain remover that contains bleach to the detergent, or add soda and dishwasher detergent when washing.
If a person is allergic to such substances, he can use a solution of mustard. For two liters of water, brought to a temperature of 40 degrees, you need to take two tablespoons of mustard powder.
You can also gruel powder mixed with water, spread spots on spots on socks in advance, and then wash.
In the washing machine
Of course, washing in a machine makes life much easier. For high-quality washing of white socks the first time, use a powder for white clothes, designed for automatic machines. These products are not particularly foaming in the car. act most effectively:
- For fidelity, it is better to add half a glass of soda to the machine (directly on the socks themselves), and during rinsing - the same amount of vinegar, lemon juice or a couple of teaspoons of citric acid. After washing, you will receive not only crystal white socks, but also gentle to the touch, since the acid in this case acts as a conditioner.
- In the powder compartment, you can add a little washing gel for dishes. It is so easy to achieve the desired whiteness of products.
- Washing socks in an automatic machine, as well as when washing by hand, you can use mustard powder. Setting the temperature in the car at 40 degrees, you must add the product to the compartment where the washing powder is poured. If the water in the car is heated more strongly, you won’t get any sense from such washing, since at high temperature the mustard curls.
- When washing in the car, "hire assistants" in the form of tourmaline balls or balls for tennis. Tennis balls are sold in a sports store, and tourmaline balls as a special detergent for washing - in the household. During washing, they come in contact with socks without damaging the fabric, and this helps to eliminate pollution.
During washing with balls, to increase the effect, it is worth adding a couple teaspoons of soda to the washing powder.
Since white socks are very easily soiled, you should not wear them for more than one day.
- It is better to wash such products immediately after they have been removed from their feet. This will allow the dirt collected on them not to get into the fabric.
- Before washing, carefully inspect the socks, remove from them all adhering hairs, villi and other external contaminants. If a bright-colored thread sticks to the sock, after washing a dye trace may remain on the fabric.
- Pre-soaking before washing white socks using non-aggressive agents should be the norm for the hostess.
- If there is no way to soak white socks for a long time, you can soap each item with laundry soap and wait a bit.
- You should always keep in mind what fabric socks are made of and wash them in accordance with the instructions for processing a particular material.
- When soaking and washing products, do not overdo it by wiping them. Otherwise, spools quickly form on the fabric and things quickly tear.
- White socks need to be washed only with the same white things, otherwise they will acquire an undesirable shade. You should also not wash them with other very dirty clothes, even if they are white in their original color.
- If white socks are dried on a heating radiator or under the sun, after processing them with chlorine-containing preparations, they will become yellowish in appearance.
- If socks have openwork elements, or they are decorated with decorative pebbles, very caustic bleaching agents cannot be used.
- Before washing, socks must be turned inside out. In the washing machine, it is better to wash them in a special case. They will not come into contact with the drum of the machine and will remain in their original form longer.
See how to remove white socks in the next video.