Regular pedicure will give you smooth heels and neat toenails. Two types of similar procedures are done in the salons: hardware and classic. Pedicure can be done independently at home. To do this, you should purchase the necessary tools and understand their purpose.
Professional masters have a rather wide arsenal of tools for pedicure. People with varying degrees of neglect of the legs come to the salon. That is why professionals should be ready for anything. The list of basic devices and accessories for the work of a pedicure specialist in the salon:
- Tweezers, scissors and nippers.
- Files with different abrasiveness.
- Tripod (footrest) for pedicure.
- Pusher (shoulder blade) for cuticle.
- Tools for removing coarse skin (graters, pumice stones and brushes).
- Curette for ingrown nails.
- Razor to combat keratinized skin.
- Bathtub for pedicure.
- Milling cutter and nozzles to it.
Equipment for manicure and pedicure has many common tools. The difference is that for work with legs, as a rule, more granular nail files and more powerful devices are used. The above list has only types of tools, which, in turn, have their own varieties. Professional craftsmen try to maximize their arsenal for more successful work.
To perform the pedicure trim procedure at home, you need to have the following tools:
- Nail tongs. Are applied to work with a free edge. It is worth buying small and large.
- Nippers. Cuticles and barbs are removed using tweezers with trihedral ends and beveled edges. This design determines the tight fit of the tool to the surface of the finger.
- Brush. Used to gently remove skin after bath. Moreover, the brush will help maintain cleanliness during the procedure, sweep away the cuticle from the fingers and so on.
- Razor. A special pedicure razor is used when treating areas with rough skin. Apply it in the most extreme case, if other tools are not able to cope with the problem.
- Bath. Baths are sold in a wide range and have various additional functions. Their main goal is to soften rough skin.
- Nail files.
- Laser grater.
This entire list is necessary for you to conduct a classic pedicure. For the hardware procedure, a router with nozzles is also required.
The tools themselves from the list are selected based on the individual characteristics of the knives. Some items may not be needed at all.
Features and Benefits
For the manufacture of high-quality pedicure devices using durable and reliable medical steel. Such material serves for many years, especially for personal use at home. Quality tools are sharpened by hand under a microscope. This eliminates the chance of a manufacturing defect. Special heat treatment during manufacture ensures that tools do not require sharpening during the first years of use.
For pedicure use rougher nail files than for manicure. This is due to the fact that the toenails are thicker. Moreover, you will need quality tools to remove rough skin. The most common is pumice, it helps in most cases. If this is not enough, use a razor.
The pedicure razor has its own characteristics and cannot be replaced with a conventional razor. Its use is necessary for the rapid removal of corns and calluses. Note that with regular foot care there is no need to use a razor.
How to choose?
Pedicure accessories should have high quality, durability and be as safe as possible. Professional craftsmen can easily distinguish high-quality items from unsuitable ones, beginners should approach the selection with particular care. The basic rules for choosing:
- Tools should sit comfortably in your hand. This criterion is the easiest to check, just pick up the item.
- High-quality sharpening is the key to success. Experts recommend giving preference to tools with manual sharpening. Factory defects can cause serious injury.
- Remember that the right tool cuts the cuticle, not tears it. The latter can cause serious damage.
- A pedicure razor blade should not interfere with your skin treatment. If it does not provide a good overview, it is better not to purchase a tool.
- Quality blades have exceptional cross-country ability. They should move smoothly, without clinging to barbs and rough skin.
- Solid stainless steel is an important criterion. Soft material will quickly dull and fade. Performing pedicures with such tools is simply impossible.
- Nippers should have a blade length in the range of 5-9 mm. This size is recommended by professional craftsmen.
- The size of the forceps directly depends on the thickness of the toenails. Choose large tools for thick nails and small for thin ones.
- A laser-cut grater is a great alternative to regular pumice. The latter requires frequent replacement due to the fact that the pores of the stone are clogged. Experts recommend a grater as a more durable tool.
Many people think about the advisability of buying a set of tools. For home pedicure, you can purchase items separately. But still, professionals recommend buying a set of basic tools of high quality, but additional items should be bought as needed.
Specialized stores provide you with all the necessary tools for pedicure from various manufacturers. When choosing tools, you should not chase a high price, it does not always guarantee quality. Professional pedicure masters recommend paying attention to products Zinger and "Staleks".
These manufacturers have long specialized in the production of sets and tools for manicure and pedicure.
Make a complete list of the items you need and feel free to look for them among the products. Choose tools based on your own characteristics and preferences.
How to use?
To carry out the procedure at home, you must accurately understand the purpose of each tool. Only under such conditions will you not injure yourself. Set for pedicure and its purpose:
- Double-sided curette.
The working plane is a sharp hook. This surface is thin, it does not scratch the nail plate and makes it possible to get into the most inaccessible places. To work with an ingrown nail, press the sharp edge to the plate and carefully draw along it.
The cutting edge of the tool has a small radius, the inside is flat and carefully sanded. Hold the nippers at a slight angle and carefully cut the cuticle or burr. Avoid sudden movements, do not tear the skin. This is the only way you can avoid injuries during the procedure.
Designed to shorten the free edge of the nail plate. You need to hold the tool with your fingers under the lower lever. The thumb on the back provides stability.
Scissors should be used carefully. Do not forget to sterilize them and grind on time.
It is used to remove keratinized skin. It can be corns, corns or rough skin on the heels. This is often found in older people. The double-sided surface makes it possible to sand and polish the skin. The handles of such products are coated with a special anti-slip material. Thanks to him, the instrument lies well in the hand. Laser-coated grater is used on steamed skin.
It will be needed to move and remove the cuticle. The pusher has a shoulder blade on one side and a pointed end on the other. The device is made so that there is no danger to the nail plate.
The device is needed for steaming the skin of the legs. This is a mandatory step in preparing for the pedicure procedure. You can purchase a hydromassage bath. It can not only prepare the skin, but also improve the blood circulation in the legs.
For a hardware pedicure, you will need a router. With it, you can remove the cuticle and keratinized skin.
Also, the device will help with the processing of nails and pedicure correction. Learn how to use professional devices correctly, and then you can do first-class pedicures with your own hands.
Secrets of specialists
Choosing the right pedicure tools is only half the battle. Experts say that it is very important to pay special attention to the storage of objects. Knowing some secrets guarantees a painless and high-quality procedure.
- Store tools clean and dry. A special case is recommended. This will serve as a good prevention of product breakdown or rust.
- It is necessary to sterilize the instruments after each pedicure procedure. This can be done using a special device, medical alcohol or acetone.
- Closely watch that tools do not fall.. Moreover, putting the toolbox with the blades down is strictly prohibited. This may result in loss of sharpness or deformation of the blades. Devices will quickly lose their properties.
- Check the sharpness of the blades on scissors, tongs, and similar tools after each use. If you notice that the blades nevertheless become dull, then consult a specialist for sharpening. Do not do it yourself, you risk violating the angle of inclination of the blades. Such a mistake will result in damage to the instrument or the appearance of injuries after use.
- The cutting edges of objects must not touch during storage.
- All tools that have springs must be kept open. So you extend their life.
Specialists in the field of pedicure argue that proofreaders for separating fingers can be replaced with cotton balls. Do a pedicure once a week and you will forever forget about the difficulties with the feet and toenails. Using the pedicure machine is too difficult for beginners, so start your journey with the classic trimmer.
Numerous product reviews of companies Zinger and "Staleks" talk about their quality and reliability. Company Mertz Also in high demand among consumers, their pedicure tools made of carbon steel are especially appreciated. Women claim that each product of this manufacturer is distinguished by its special sharpness of blades and hardness of the material.
Most experienced craftsmen give preference to the tools of these companies. Affordable cost and high quality conquer consumers.
Girls note that the two-way model Avon Great for home use. The tool features a particularly high-quality laser foot grater. Consumers claim that the second surface is paper-based and quickly deteriorates due to exposure to moisture. That is why a double-sided tool should be used after a bath on dry skin.
An overview of the tools for pedicure and manicure "Staleks" see in the next video.